Just in time for the holiday season, Martha gives us a lesson on perfect picture taking. Checkout how Martha gets the best photos so you can assure that you will have the best memories possible from your holiday celebrations.
AIRPORT CAR SERVICE
If you need luxury car service to any of Los Angeles’ airports, call Roadrunner Limousine today.
Learn more about our
Car Service: LAX & Burbank
Or call 24/7 – 866.798.7694
Most people know Martha as a wonderful chef, awesome gardener, and crafter deluxe. But many do not realize that photography is actually her favorite of all of her hobbies.
She recently posted pictures on her personal Instragram account, and is currently taking photos for a gardening book she will be releasing this spring. Here are a few of her best tips for photo taking.
- All cameras have different options and function differently. Use the right tool for the job, so to speak. If you are taking an up close detailed picture, you obviously do not need your super telephoto lens camera that takes pictures from long distances.
- Try to get your subject, whether it be a person or animal, to look directly into your camera. That’s where the subject’s personality lies.
- She uploads her pictures onto the computer daily and adds them to whatever album she is working on. This is a good habit for so many of us to try to get into. Most of us will admit to being guilty of having hundreds of photos on their camera at one time, and are not even sure what they are going to do with them. They then get uploaded onto a laptop or PC and just forgotten. She also never re-uses memory sticks.
- Martha is very big on sharing. She believes you should share all your pictures! Her personal fave for sharing is Fathead, which allows your pictures to be turned into images you can apply to objects. For instance she decorated 20 vintage Thonet chairs in her dining room with gardening photos. She claims everyone thinks the chairs are hand painted. She also applied a pictured of her with her Mother onto a purse. What ideas can you think of to do with your favorite photos?
- Martha states that shiny hair photographs well. She also says that women should go easy on the makeup because the more natural you look in reality, the more natural you will look on film.
Try a few of Martha’s tips this season and see what memorable gems you turn up with.